Feb 20, 2010

I've been away...

... a while for various reasons and while at work today, I realised that to help me get over some of my issues, I need to start blogging again. It has, in the past, been very cathartic so here we go again...

Uni is over. O-V-E-R. I am very well aware of the finality of it but as with all my reactions to change, I don't think it has really hit me yet. It's still February and Semester 1 doesn't usually start until early March so I could very well still be on uni holidays. Yes, I am working full time now but I do that every time i have uni holidays so no real difference...yet.

I did realise though that 2010 will be the first year (since pre school) that I will not be studying. That's a pretty big deal to me. I don't enjoy exams etc but yes I definitely do enjoy studying and learning. Maybe by end 2010 I will have started learning a language so then maybe 2010 will not really end up being a non-studying year. Ha ha! :)

In other news, I turned 25 last week.
TWENTY FIVE.
Wow, when I was 18, 25 seemed so very old. Many of my friends have asked me if I'm having a "quarter life crisis" but I'm actually ok. I've never had any "...by 25" goals so crisis has been averted (I hope!). I do however have "...by 30" goals so if by 30 I haven't achieved the things I set out do and my plan hasn't fallen into place I might have a crisi then. Might.

That apart, it's just been work and not much more. Life is routine but life is good. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!! It's so good to see you back in business. Uni finishing is weird isn't it? It didn't sink in for me until I started working full time as a psychologist. Because, of course, I had never worked as one prior to that. And I love the whole school.uni environment so much, I have gone back this year to community college to learn a language =) And some day, in a few years, I may go back to uni to do another degree. Yes, I am a masochist. :p

Wish you a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY Hope you had a lovely day. And welcome to this side of the twenties.... :P

Miss RBit said...

Thank you Psych! I love the uni environment too and I have plans of doing another degree too!! LOL!